Friday, September 26, 2014

Here we go again

I couldn't wait to sleep past 5:00 am. When I opened my eyes the room was bright so I knew it was way past my normal morning wake up. It was almost 7:00! YES! Bug was still sleeping, hubs was getting ready and my lazy ass was still laying in bed, enjoying every minute of it.

Hubs got Bug up and continued with their normal morning routine. At that point I figured I best get up since we would have to leave for our appointment soon. Once they were both ready it was my turn to jump in the shower while he headed off to drop Bug at daycare. While I was getting ready I just prayed. I prayed that everything would turn out okay today.

Traffic was the normal heavy, everyone driving up each other's asses. Until one section when all of a sudden I go from driving 11 mph to 67mph. Where the hell did everyone go? Is there a vortex that they drive in to so traffic clears up just before I have to get off the hospital exit? Seriously though, where did they all go?

Hubs was already there waiting for me and we had some time to kill before the appointment. We decided to head to the coffee shop so I could grab a muffin to settle my rumbling belly. Sat there chatting about random stuff before we thought why not head over now to see if we could get in early. I check in and about 5 minutes after I sat down they were calling me back...awesome. What wasn't so awesome was how long I sat in the lounge waiting to be called for the ultra sound! I was literally falling asleep in my chair before the sweet little tech student came back to get me.

While we were headed to the room I cut her off and told her my husband was in the waiting room and if she could please go grab him.....rookie. We are all finally in the room and they are explaining what will happen (been there, done that....too many times!) The u/s tech explained that the student is here working with her and would it be okay is she scanned my stomach. My initial reaction was sure, why not right? She needs to learn. Let me stop and tell you that if any of you are asked this question, it's okay to say no! I don't know how long she had been doing ultra sounds, but wasn't the best idea on my part to have a Rookie scan me - especially since she wasn't getting the best pictures, which of course was causing pure panic to set in.

The tech takes over and shows up the flicker! Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!! Asked me to go empty my bladder to get ready for Wanda the Wand. Another reason to not be excited if there is a student monitoring the appointment - they scanned every inch up in there! EVERY INCH! Once she was done showing the girl every inch of my insides she told me we would get back to the fun part. Listen lady, there is nothing fun about having Wanda the Wand shoved up in your lady bits......but I knew she was referring to going back to look at the baby.

Everything looked great. Radiologist didn't feel the need to come in as there was a strong heartbeat and measurement looked good. We sat in the room for about 10 minutes before we were cleared to go meet with our RE.

During our meeting with the RE I told myself I didn't want to cry. But alas, tears flowed. She is the most sincere, caring, loving woman....I am so glad we had her as our doctor. Chatted about some things and then we asked if she could tell us the sex of the baby. She logged on the her computer and tried to go through all the information but was unable to locate it quickly for us - told us she would call us in about a half an hour to let us know.

Hubs left for work while I waited for the nurse to come out with samples of Crinone - BYE BYE PIO!!!!! Chatted with her for a few and then off I went to enjoy a few quiet hours before it was time to get Bug.

I was pulling on to the highway and see 'that number'.....what did I forget???? It was Nurse Nancy.
So you want to know the sex of the baby?
Well, it's a GIRL!


No comments:

Post a Comment