Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Well that was scary!

Love Friday's at work....Friday's at work = jeans! I don't have to iron, I don't have to wonder if I already wore that outfit already this week....just throw on some jeans, grab a top and I'm good.
Knew it was going to be an easy day since I had planned on spending half of my day working at our other location - as I was leaving the main office my boss said he had to leave around noon for the doctor's...no problem, I'll make sure I'm back in time.

While I was driving my uterus felt like it was going to explode and the cramps....everything about the ride down was very uncomfortable. When I arrived I drop my laptop off in the empty office I always use and make my rounds to say hello to everyone. As I was talking with one of the mangers I felt the sudden urge to use the bathroom - instead I headed back to get my laptop booted up so I can get some stuff done. Can't hold it any longer - make my way to the bathroom.

My heart sank - I nearly threw up on myself......my liner was covered in blood! NO....this cannot be happening. What is going on? I try to collect myself as best as I can and make it back to the office where my stuff is. I immediately call my RE's office and through the tears I tell them about all the blood....so much blood. I then call hubs and tell him and ask that he please cancel his lunch plans as I need him to be with me.

I sat waiting for them to call back. Nothing. I couldn't stop shaking in fear that I was in fact losing this pregnancy while I was sitting at someones desk. I just stared at my screen, not being able to move or do anything. Finally, I decided to call the main number. The woman that answered informed me the nurses are all doing clinical so they might not answer. I burst into tears and tell her this is an emergency and explain what is going on. I could hear the sorrow in her voice as she tells me she will go grab someone. Nurse Susan gets on the phone and informs me she was just picking up to call me back - asks if I'm still bleeding and if I'm still cramping, to which I answer yes to both questions. Told me she would call me right back with a time to come in for an ultra sound. At that point I was done, my mind was gone. Got the call to be there for 1:00 and then to head up to their office to discuss the results.

I couldn't sit at work anymore. I packed everything up and by the time I made it to my car I went in to complete meltdown. Why is this happening? What went wrong? I cried the whole way home. As I approached my house I could see hubs outside waiting with Bug. All I wanted to do was scoop her up and hug her. Told her that mommy needed lots of love today.

During the time that we spent at home waiting until it was time to leave for the ultrasound, I spent most of that time in the bathroom. I cried, I tried to collect myself, I was confused, I was angry and I was convinced I had lost this pregnancy.

We get to the hospital and didn't have to wait too long. I tried everything in my power to not break down into tears, but when the nurse was explaining what I needed to do: put two gowns on, put your stuff in the locker, take the key, I lost it again. I couldn't even look at her. I then am shuttled to the waiting lounge for the patients and within a few minutes I am being called back. The nurse asked me if I was nervous....what gave it away, my blood shot/swollen eyes?

She gears me up for the ultrasound and I didn't even want to look at the screen - I kept trying to turn my head to see Bug. When she told us she would have to do an internal to get more detail I knew, I knew at that moment there was nothing. We were told we had to wait for the Radiologist before she could perform the internal. At this point Bug had had enough....she was tired and sick and little did she know she was going to the doctor's herself next.

We get word that he is finally there and she begins the internal. She looks around and isn't saying anything. Then she says, there is the sac. I asked what that meant, but nothing. No response. To me that equaled you lost the pregnancy. In walks the Radiologist and what came out of his mouth next, neither Hubs nor I expected.....all looks great. The yolk sac has a great ring that we look for at this stage so nothing to worry about.

So we are okay? We are okay? and with his quick wit charm tells me that WE are okay and asked if I was worried? Well yes sir, I was. The amount of blood and clots that I saw there was no way I was still pregnant. He continued to show me where a hematoma was and that was causing all the bleeding but it should be stopping within a day or 2 due to the size that was left.

Get the go ahead to head up to our RE's office and within minutes of us being in there Nurse Nancy came out and just gave me two thumbs up and told me I was measuring a day ahead. When I asked her why all the bleeding she just said it happens. Well don't you think we go through enough shit we don't need to have this happen?!?!?! She smiled and told me that if I needed to come back next week for another scan, just call. I am hoping that I won't and will make it until my scheduled one.

Hubs and I make it back out to the car...as we are nearing it he looks at me and goes: and you were worried for nothing, see, with his shit eating smile on!

1 comment:

  1. So happy everything turned out okay! Can't imagine how scary that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete